From Raju Bitter <>
Subject Classpath problem using mxmlc command with Falcon SDK
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:19:47 GMT
I've followed the README file, and manage to run the build process of
Falcon on Ubuntu 12.04 JDK 1.6.0_35 using the Ant target

 ant dist.flex.sdk

A ZIP file with the SDK is  is generated in compiler/generated/dist/

When I unzip the SDK and try to run the mxmlc using the shell script,
I get the following error message:
Using Flex SDK: /home/raju/Development/flex-falcon
	at Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
Could not find the main class: org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLC.
Program will exit.

Looks like a classpath problem, since I can launch mxmlc using this
command in Bash on Linux:

java -cp $(echo lib/*.jar | tr ' ' ':')
org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLC -help
Apache ActionScript Compiler (mxmlc)
Version 2.0.0 build 0

-help [keyword] [...]
    For information on command line syntax and descriptions of

- Raju

View raw message