From Raju Bitter <r.bitter.mailingli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Is there anything the community can do to help you testing or documenting Falcon and the build process?
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:27:42 GMT
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM, Gordon Smith <gosmith@adobe.com> wrote:
> My top priorities currently are:
>
> 1. Get the top-level Ant targets working properly. For example, 'ant javadoc' currently
produces compilation errors, probably due to a classpath problem, and 'ant main' produces
an mxmlc which doesn't work due to another classpath problem that you noticed.
I'll test the build process and will create JIRA issues or add
comments to existing JIRAs.

> 2. Document the build process, either on wiki pages or in the README file, so that people
understand what environment variables need to be set and what Ant targets to use.

> 3. Create JUnit tests in which Falcon builds each of the SDK SWCs. As part of this I
want to change the SDK build scripts so that the <compc> tasks don't have a bunch of
configuration but instead simply load a config file. Then the JUnit test can use the same
config file to compile the SWC in a debuggable way by calling Falcon's COMPC.main() entry
point.

> 4. Update the SDK code to suit Falcon, because it is stricter than the old compiler.
>
> 5. Log bugs for any SDK code that Falcon barfs on (either throwing Java exceptions or
reporting spurious errors or warnings).

> 6. Fix those bugs.
>
> What you like to take on the conversion of the <compc> tasks to use config files?
Yes, I'll start with that. I'll have time on Saturday (Sept 15th) to
look into it.

- Raju