From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Falcon :: ASDoc porting or re-explore
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 19:27:55 GMT
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 9/13/12 11:32 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <apache@teotigraphix.com> wrote:
>

> > So, when the wiki says work on asdoc impl, are we talking about
> > porting the old asdoc algorithms to work with the new AST model or if
> > there are better ways to implement asdoc explore them?
> >
> Just my opinion, but what I don't like about the current ASDoc
> implementation is that it relies on XSLT.  It seems like we could write an
> AIR app to assemble the doc.  Then it would be maintainable and upgradeable
> by many more folks in this community.
>
> --
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe Systems, Inc.
> http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

I believe that making an AIR app for this would cause problems with
continuous integration or build bots.  XSLT can be invoked via ant and can
be run anywhere.

Moreover,  I am not sure if we do, but if we are handling large amounts of
text/strings, we should probably avoid AIR.

I am sure this community has folks who can handle XSLT?

Thanks,
Om