From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0 - RC3
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 08:49:23 GMT
We're back with RC3!  Erik will buy a beer for everyone who votes +1 :-)

BTW, one of the optional installs:
http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/flex/sdk/branches/4.y/lib/aglj40.jarseems
to be an iffy download.  Erik was able to download it fine from NL,
but it failed for me here in the Bay Area.  We have no control over the
servers from which the downloads take place.  Please keep that in mind when
you vote.

This is the first official release of the InstallApacheFlex AIR
application.  The official Apache distribution is the source kit which can
contains only source.

The source distributions for Windows and Mac are available here:
http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex_RC3/

The binary distributions as a convenience for the respective platforms,
available here:
http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex_RC3/binaries/

Along with the installer, we are releasing the 'badge installer' that can
be embedded in our site as well as third-party websites.  Here is a preview:
http://incubator.apache.org/flex/installer.html

*Issues addressed:*
1.  Added support for Brazilian Portuguese (thanks to Stefan Horochovec)
2.  Fixed link for "Disclaimer" button to
http://incubator.apache.org/flex/about-binaries.html
3.  Fixed incorrect app version in log
4.  Fixed appearance of "Disclaimer" button
5.  Changed accept-all check box label to "I agree to all options and
licenses, Install"
6.  Changed fontswf utility label to "Adobe Embedded Font Libraries and
Utilities (Optional)"
7.  Changed build script to allow FLEX_HOME to be set via an environment
variable
8.  Updated README to clarify point (7)
9.  Fixed all references of flash player global to "Adobe Flash Player
playerglobal.swc" in README
10. Fixed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33188
11. Fixed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33195
12. Resolved https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33186
13. Changed "How to build with Flash Builder" heading to "How to set up the
project for working with Adobe Flash Builder (or any other IDE)"
14. Added Erik and my public keys to here:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex/KEYS
15. Removed unnecessary log message; "action" in the app
16. Updated RELEASE_GUIDE with more clear instructions

*Before voting please review the section,*
"What are the ASF requirements on approving a release?", at
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

*Please vote to approve this release:*

[ ] +1 Approve the release

Regards,
Om & Erik
Apache Flex PPMC members + Release managers