From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 07:18:29 GMT

>I'm a bit confused by the "generator" and what is quoted below

This may indeed seem at first sight antagonist, on one side, a tool that allows the generation
of an mavenized SDK from sources and on the other side, sources already mavenized.

The generator is an excelent tool that will allow end users (wishing to develop at home in
Flex / Maven) to build a  mavenized version of the SDK; for companies, the team in charge
of managing the repositories can also benefits of it, this what I personally did, by cons,
it is not the norm, usually you get artifacts from official ripositories (some companies are
very reluctant to accept what is not coming from very well known repositories), it goes off
by snapshot versions and releases, this is not possible without mavenized sources execpt if
you're allowed to directly deploy your artefacts on it what is not the common use.

These approaches address the need to have a mavenized SDK but in different ways and for different
constraints.
 The Christofer's tool greatly reduces the gap between to have nothing at all and already
mavenized sources and for that, this is a quick and magic solution in this direction, but
it is not the most ideal.

>If we
> wanted to create maven artifacts for the official maven repo, we certainly
> can't bundle in Adobe stuff, so wouldn't that require that Adobe either
> publishes to the official maven repo or at minimum puts up its own pom.xmls
> on its site so maven can pull the Adobe stuff from there?

Not sure of what you're talking about, OSMF, Textlayout, or something else ?

Frédéric THOMAS