From "Guthmann, Scott" <sguthm...@on3solutions.com>
Subject RE: Official Git Repo State
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:57:37 GMT
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Guthmann, Scott <sguthmann@on3solutions.com> wrote:
> Omar - thank you for doing research into the project's move from SVN to GIT. What other
steps need to be taken besides finding [at least one] Python volunteer to support Apache Flex
from an ASF Infra standpoint? Are there other things holding back >our move to GIT that
you know of? How much Python work is estimated to facilitate this move? On an ongoing basis,
what will the workload be to keep the Flex Project's infrastructure supported & operating
smoothly?

>The work that's needed is not a specifically to support the Flex project. Basically infra
is trying to build their git support team.
> The way they are doing that for now is to ask projects that want to use git to "contribute"
to the git support. So there's not really a definition of workload. It's essentially a thing
of needing a support team for git at apache. They need people to build and
> maintain the components that are necessary to support projects using the tool.
>Greg

Thanks Greg.
So, we could be successful recruiting multiple Python resources to help ASF Infra & due
to the Apache model - each person works on what they want, we [Apache Flex project] may continue
to be unsupported.....This troubles me.