From "Guthmann, Scott" <sguthm...@on3solutions.com>
Subject RE: Official Git Repo State
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:56:42 GMT
> I put in requests to update the Flex mirrors to GitHub after the SVN repo was rearranged.
I didn't open a ticket to transfer to read/write Git repos because ASF Infra wants someone
to volunteer to help with Git infrastructure. I asked a about the skillet
> required, which I was told is primarily Python. I was going to volunteer myself but I'm
not proficient in Python. So that's where we stand as far as I know.

> I wanted to get the ball rolling to finish the switch, but like I said, we need a Python
guy to volunteer it seems.

Omar - thank you for doing research into the project's move from SVN to GIT. What other steps
need to be taken besides finding [at least one] Python volunteer to support Apache Flex from
an ASF Infra standpoint? Are there other things holding back our move to GIT that you know
of? How much Python work is estimated to facilitate this move? On an ongoing basis, what will
the workload be to keep the Flex Project's infrastructure supported & operating smoothly?