From "Guthmann, Scott" <sguthm...@on3solutions.com>
Subject [OT] Spoon emails
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:01:58 GMT
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Jeffry Houser <jeffry@dot-com-it.com> wrote:
> > ... I thought it was universally considered a bad form to send one
> > mailing list to another; even if the first one is an announcement list....

> What's certainly fine is to send (permanent) URLs of relevant content.
> -Bertrand

While true that Spoon isn't commercial, and the information Spoon distributes is relevant
and authoritative, this high volume list [ flex-dev@incubator.apache.org ] may not be the
*absolute best way* to disseminate relevant information.
The best way IMO, is for each person who wants this information to opt-in to the monthly Spoon
newsletter mailing. We should err on the side of restraint on this issue which is communications
on the dev list.

Spoon would like to be an authoritative repository for Apache Flex Ecosystem Partners, and
Apache Flex Service Providers, too. This is a good place for the commercial type announcements
that Jeffry speaks of.

4 months of Community Revue is here: http://www.spoon.as/community-revue-archive/
Add yourself to the Spoon NL distribution here: http://www.spoon.as/contact-spoon/
Apache Flex Ecosystem partner directory: http://www.spoon.as/ecosystem/
Apache Flex Service Provider directory: http://www.spoon.as/ecosystem/service-providers/
And, because it keeps coming up, Flame bait, Troll posts, Job board posts, and Forum type