From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 17:30:18 GMT
Hi Alex,

Well if Adobe would run its own repo this would be even better. I think you don't even have
to really run a full blown Maven repo server for that. I think it should be enough to manually
serve Maven artifacts with a simple Http Server. All If for example there was an Adobe Webserver
somewhere that serves an URL like this "http://some.cool.server.adobe.com/some/context/whatsoever/com/adobe/flash/framework/playerglobal/10.1/"
and inside that directory you make the pom xml and the playerglobal swc available for download,
this would be equally good. Then we could add the base Url "http://some.cool.server.adobe.com/some/context/whatsoever/"
to our Maven repos and they would automatically fetch the stuff they need from that Adobe
server.

Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. September 2012 19:21
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1

On 9/26/12 10:11 AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Well in general it would be enough if Adobe simply published the
> airglobal, playerglobal and osmf swcs along with their language
> resources to a public repo ... only these 3 artifacts would be enough
> to make us all really really happy and Apache could start officially
> deploying Flex FDKs using maven without any legal issues.

Are there alternatives?  Getting Adobe to agree to deploy to a public repo is probably much
harder than having a separate public Adobe repo on an Adobe server, which is probably much
harder than trying to make the current Adobe download pages work with Maven.

I thought someone else once posted some code on this list with a pom.xml next to it.  Isn't
that the minimum requirement or is there more?

What is involved in creating a "repo"?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team