From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 17:13:46 GMT
It was always intended to be an intermediate tool allowing the transition to mavenized FDKs.

Ideally Apache would start publishing FDKs directly and from then on the Tool would be obsolete.

But as long as this is not happening and as long as users are using older FDKs that are not
served in a Maven form, it helps migrate the old FDKs into a form people can use.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. September 2012 18:25
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1

On 9/25/12 11:59 PM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> Hi Aley,
>
> Well I think the only references to Adobe stuff in the Apache Flex
> FDKs are the references to Playerglobal, Airglobal, Osmf and
> Textlayout (Am I missing any). Fortunately most of them are already
> out there and we could simply reference them.
> But you are right, that if we are not allowed to publish these
> anywhere public, that Adobe would have to do so.
>
> My intention on creating the Generator was more of a "Download the
> official FDK, run the Generator, use the mavenized FDKs it outputs"
> approach. I don't think there should be any legal issues with that,
> should there? After all, it's just copying the files of your FDK
> around on your own computer and generating some xml files and isn't downloading anything
from elsewhere.

> Chris

OK, I'm beginning to understand that your "generator" is not necessarily the desired solution
for Apache Flex going forward, so it is fine how it works since it is not distributing Adobe
stuff, just copying it around.  You can have the generator download Adobe stuff from Adobe,
but I would make it clear what the licensing rules are around it.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team