From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Difference between CSS, SWC and SWF themes?
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 16:46:46 GMT
Hi,

I finally got some time to continue work on my FDK generator. Thanks to  Frédéric I don't
have to deal with the automatic Zipping oft he Source artifacts any longer :)
He also made me realize that I also have to deploy the stuff in the themes directory. He manually
deployed the halo.swc, but I would like to auto-deploy them all in some way.

Up till now my way of deploying the themes was to zip up the entire themes directory and create
a special zip artifact for that. This was the way Velo used to do it, but I thought this allways
was sort of hacky. Having a more detailed look at the themes, I can't seem to work out why
some themes are SWC files, some are SWFs (AeonGraphical ) and some others are simple CSS files
(sometimes accompanied with one or two image resources). So my question now is: What are these
differences and what ist the reason for them? My current assumption is that the CSS themes
are deployed as simple CSS Files because creating a SWC containing only a CSS and mabe one
image was too much overhead.

Would it be possible to make SWCs out of these non-swc-themes and to use them the same way
the more hevy weight halo theme is used? This would make deploying them and using them in
Flexmojos a lot easier.

Chris