From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Javadoc for Falcon
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 02:12:54 GMT
On 9/11/2012 7:13 PM, Gordon Smith wrote:
> How shall we make Falcon's Javadoc available?
>
> 1. Require developers to build it locally with 'ant javadoc'.
> 2. Have a build machine which builds it and posts it somewhere.
> 3. Check it into the Subversion repository somewhere.
>
> - Gordon

   I vote 1 and 2.

  1 because we should always have the source code available, and having
people able to create the docs is important.  If there is a third party
depedency needed to create the JavaDocs from the source, we should
document that somehow.

  2. Because I think it is good to have this information available. I
would love to see JavaDoc (and ASDocs) on the Apache Flex site in some
manner.

  I have mixed feelings about checking the generated docs into the repo
as part of the Falcon project.  I'm not sure if that is a good or bad
idea; but could probably be swayed either way.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur