From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Falcon :: Unit tests - as3 language level
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:25:05 GMT
Hi,

This is probably aimed at Gordon at the moment. I see you made a
couple commits as to testing in the project, how are we doing this?

I noticed the code contains a lot of assert statements, what is the
"rule" for using these?

Do you have any plans for language level unit tests? IE testing i++, a
= 42, etc to node structures in the compiler.tree.* package. Do you
eventually see having some type of sub structure set up so we can test
all aspects of AS3 to make sure the compiler is parsing correctly (and
MXML, CSS)?

I have a bunch of unit tests covering packages, classes, interfaces
all the way down to statements/expressions in the ASBlock library
tests. I could use these as a huge running start for language coverage.

I am willing to put a great amount of time into getting a base unit
test system in place for low level parser nodes, not the IDefinition
framework, the IASNode framework.

So, I bet there is some way we can create a little test framework for
language specific tests that I am talking about here. Thoughts?

Having this test suite implemented will make it a lot easier to fix
language bugs and introduce new features into the compiler's future.

Mike
--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com