From Michael Schmalle <>
Subject RE: Falcon :: ASDoc porting or re-explore
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 21:46:06 GMT
Basically, what I had created was a renderer abstractly that used
factories to create various render formats.

All I used was the AST produced by the parser, classes that managed
access into the code model and then a rendering layer that output html
using Velocity templates and java class builders.

For instance a Java class was made like ClassList extends ASDocTemplateBase.

There was a renderer with public api like returnLink()
returnEventTable() etc. The concrete implementation of these classes
were based on "what" they rendered. So you could have one render model
that could produce HTML, PDF or any other type of output you wanted.

All you would need to do is reimplement the renderer and converter API
for a new output.

I might actually just move along with this idea since it could totally
exist outside the framework that would make it point specific. If
Adobe decides to donate, fine if not I won't have wasted any time,
since I will have an application that uses the compiler as a module.

Anyway, I'm going to think about this more.

Quoting Gordon Smith <>:

> Recently the Flash Builder team has decided to add ASDoc support to
> the new compiler. I'll find out whether Adobe is willing to donate
> this work when it is complete. (In general, Adobe is NOT committed
> to donating future work on the compiler.) If so, it might not make
> sense for us to do it. They will be producing the DITA XML format
> that goes into SWCs. How that gets would turned into HTML might be
> up to us.
> - Gordon

View raw message