From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Falcon :: ASDoc porting or re-explore
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 19:36:33 GMT
Hmm, interesting idea I wonder how the "assemble" part works. :)

 From my past dealings with AS3 and AST I have a pretty well 3/4 or
more functioning asdoc builder/renderer created in java using Velocity
templates and model classes that complement them (this was from my
earlier ventures in writing as3/mxml parser/dom).

I really don't care for XLST being pushed down a simple users throat
just to change a documents look either. I think this is the main
reason you see the same old stale asdocs just as they were in 2005.

The way I created the templates closely resembles how a Drupal php
template looks. I created very modular pieces that were constructed by
a builder class during the render phase.

Maybe I should just experiment with that approach to see If I could
offer "another" alternative to the XLST templates. EG Velocity
templates.

For now I just have to figure out how to build this compiler and turn the key!

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com