From teoti...@teotigraphix.com
Subject Re: Apache Flex roadmap page in the wiki [was: I was tired of waiting.]
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:38:28 GMT
Quoting Carol Frampton <cframpto@adobe.com>:

> I think we've been thru this before but I'm not going to take the time to
> find the thread.  I don't think people had a problem with putting together
> a list of project suggestions and what people are working on.  I think the
> issue was more with the term "Roadmap" because, at least in the corporate
> world, that generally implies a commitment and since this is a volunteer
> effort and people can work on whatever they wish there can be no
> commitments to a Roadmap.
>
> Carol

There should be a wiki page about "No Roadmap, only Contribution),
more to the front page. It seems that from the beginning of the Flex
transition from Adobe to Apache, the opensourceness of the project
gets confused with as you put it, the corporate commitment (which
rests at 0).

Seems like the Roadmap word that keeps being used needs to be called
an Ideamap, since ideas are abstract and no deterministic. A Roadmap
conjures up deterministic tasks.

Mike