From Gordon Smith <>
Subject RE: Manifest-only JARs
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:25:52 GMT
Great, thank you! I've updated the wiki to say that we're using 1.7.1 for now, and to show
the build output with the -q switch, which is

$ ant -q
     [echo] JFLEX_JAR is d:/jflex-1.4.3/jflex/lib/JFlex.jar
     [echo] Obtaining lib/antlr.jar
     [echo] Obtaining lib/commons-cli.jar
     [echo] Obtaining lib/commons-io.jar
     [echo] Obtaining lib/guava.jar
     [echo] Obtaining lib/jburg.jar
     [echo] Obtaining lib/lzma.jar
     [echo] Building lib/lzma.jar
     [echo] Deleting 'generated' directory
     [echo] Generating RawASTokenizer and RawASDocTokenizer
     [echo] Generating ASParser and ASTokenTypes
    [antlr] ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.7.7 (20060906)   1989-2005
    [antlr] ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.7.7 (20060906)   1989-2005
     [echo] Generating CmcEmitter
     [echo] Generating CSSLexer, CSSParser, and CSSTree
     [echo] Generating CSSEmitter
     [echo] Generating RawMXMLTokenizer
     [echo] Compiling Java code
     [echo] Creating generated/dist/sdk/lib/compiler.jar
     [echo] Creating generated/dist/sdk/lib/falcon-asc.jar
     [echo] Creating generated/dist/sdk/lib/falcon-mxmlc.jar
     [echo] Creating generated/dist/sdk/lib/falcon-compc.jar
     [echo] Creating generated/dist/sdk/lib/falcon-optimizer.jar
     [echo] Creating generated/dist/sdk/lib/falcon-swfdump.jar
     [echo] Creating lib/aet.jar
     [echo] Creating generated/dist/sdk/lib/flexTasks.jar
     [echo] Building support.swc
     [echo] compiler main completed on 09/14/2012 10:13:39 AM

Total time: 1 minute 16 seconds

>From this you can see that the overall flow of the build is

*Download the necessary third-party JAR files.
*Generate Java-based lexer classes from JFlex .lex files, Java-based parser classes from ANTLR
.g files, and Java-based BURM classes from JBurg .jbg files.
*Compile the Java code (both the code that's in Subversion and the lexers/parsers/BURMs that
are generated by the previous step).
*Create the JAR files that are the Falcon deliverables.
*Create a SWC file that needs to be used when compiling Flex with Falcon (because Falcon generates
different code for CSS than the old compiler).

- Gordon