From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Falcon :: ASDoc porting or re-explore
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 21:17:33 GMT
Recently the Flash Builder team has decided to add ASDoc support to the new compiler. I'll
find out whether Adobe is willing to donate this work when it is complete. (In general, Adobe
is NOT committed to donating future work on the compiler.) If so, it might not make sense
for us to do it. They will be producing the DITA XML format that goes into SWCs. How that
gets would turned into HTML might be up to us.

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Schmalle [mailto:apache@teotigraphix.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:33 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Falcon :: ASDoc porting or re-explore

This question is probably for Gordon but, if I was to start coding asdoc implementation, where
would I start?

I understand what is going on but this is a huge step for me and I don't want to waste any
time working on something that was ridiculously in the wrong direction.

So, when the wiki says work on asdoc impl, are we talking about porting the old asdoc algorithms
to work with the new AST model or if there are better ways to implement asdoc explore them?

I'm new to this whole get a major feature started but, any "mentor"
advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC