From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Is there anything the community can do to help you testing or documenting Falcon and the build process?
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 17:24:21 GMT
> I haven't gotten through the whole source yet but I noticed preprocess things.
> Have you allowed for preprocess and post process of AST/Compile from something loaded
from the outside?
> I mean can I extend something without recompiling the project with my code included.

I don't think so. What "preprocess things" did you notice? The old compiler had an extension-loading
mechanism but the new one doesn't as far as I know. We now recommend using the ABC library
to postprocess the compiled ABC rather than hooking into the compiler. But only real-world
use cases will tell us whether that approach is viable.

-Gordon