From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Is there anything the community can do to help you testing or documenting Falcon and the build process?
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:04:37 GMT
I'd like to have a binary distribution for Falcon which is a complete integrated SDK with both
Falcon and the old compiler available. This is what the Falcon branch currently produces.
The generated/dist/sdk directory in Falcon has a bin directory with the new tools and a bin-legacy
directory with the old tools.

As for Falcon being used in other IDEs, I'd love to see that happen, but I have no way to
make it happen so I'm not thinking about that much at the moment.

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:51 AM
To: Gordon Smith
Cc: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is there anything the community can do to help you testing or documenting Falcon
and the build process?

One of things mentioned on the Wiki is that there's currently no binary distribution available.
"No binary distributions are available. Perhaps someone will volunteer to set up automated
builds and a build download page?"

What exactly would such a binary distribution be? Would it be the files of Falcon which could
be merged with the Apache Flex SDK, to use Falcon instead of the current ActionScript compiler?

How useful would Falcon be without the SDK integration - maybe for projects utilizing the
ActionScript parsing features of Falcon, without generating an SWF? That's not the main interested
of the Apache Flex project, but Falcon could be used in IDEs like Netbeans or IntelliJ for
ActionScript editors, right?

- Raju