From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: SVN and issues with branching / consider how we use SVN going forward
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 06:57:17 GMT
Hi,

From my experience I'd not recommend using changelists. IMO they are can be confusing, have
limited GUI tool support, are only client side (ie can't be shared or checked in), only work
with files (not directories) and have issues with non flat directory structures.

For those who don't know about SVN changelists (and I'd guess there's a few) you can read
more here:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.6/svn.advanced.changelists.html

How about instead of going down the most complex path right away - lets try the simple way
(ie use trunk) and if we have any issues then consider what needs to be done?

I would rather my time was taking up writing code not juggling changelists and branches and
fighting with SVN when things don't work.

Thanks,
Justin