From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Cross-compiling Flex to HTML5/Javascript (Was : Update on Falcon donation)
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 23:24:01 GMT
>Flex is compiled ahead of time and we control the compiler.  Whereas with HTML5, the browser
interprets it.  We cannot make changes to HTML5 and expect all browsers to understand it.

Flash Player understands byte code which is generated ahead of time. Browsers understand JavaScript
which is generally generated ahead of time. So what.

You couldn't add a new instruction or core type and expect Flash Player to understand it.
You can't add a new core type and expect the browsers to understand it.

In both virtual machines you can create new types through composition of existing objects.

Mike