From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Cross-compiling Flex to HTML5/Javascript (Was : Update on Falcon donation)
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 23:16:35 GMT
>In flash player there is nothing but a text field and the ability to make some rectangles....
how did we get to Flex?

In case I am not being clear, Flash player doesn't understand new element types you create.
At the end of the day you are operating on DisplayObject. In truth, had Flex operated on DisplayObject
instead of descending, IMO, we would be in a better place and that is what I was indicating
before. Flash Player doesn't know what a DataGrid is. Flash Player knows we are drawing some
things and positioning some core elements that it does understand. The only difference is
that we can't extend from an HTML Input, we need to do it (what I consider to be) the right
way and operate on an input.

Mike