From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: [Mentor] & [PPMC] FlexUnit
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 19:08:48 GMT
>> First a procedure question, do I file the software grant immediately
>> and then work on IP clearance with the PPMC or the reverse?
>For Adobe donations, we made sure we had the IP clearance to donate it (meaning we owned
every file or had permission to donate very file) then filed the software grant.  Recently,
Bertrand said we were >supposed then do another Apache-oriented IP review to make sure
everything had headers and was compatibly licensed.

I have already gone through each file and verified permission. So, I think I am now at the
step where I file the grant and then the PPMC has to do the final IP clearance, I am just
not sure.

>How important is this?  What percentage of existing tests need this?  Can you just use
the Adobe libs or do you really need the source?  For example, you can opt in to font embedding
in Apache Flex 4.8 by using the Adobe libraries.

I would give it somewhere around a .2/10 on priority. The way I have it working is to use
the libraries and opt-in. It's just we need to do a bit to force the linkage of the library
at compile time this way and it makes it a more complicated experience for users.... however,
it is totally manageable outside, perhaps with an installer tool, etc. I wouldn't put it anywhere
near the top of your priority list.

Mike

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html