From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject [Mentor] & [PPMC] FlexUnit
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 18:25:26 GMT

I have prepared the Software Grant and scrubbed the code base for FlexUnit to the point where
I believe I can contribute it to the project. I will likely submit most of the modules upon
approval and then need to engage in a discussion with Adobe before I can donate the last module
or two, however, we would have a functional framework. The use of FlexUnit was already marked
as a [Decision] earlier in our discussions.

First a procedure question, do I file the software grant immediately and then work on IP clearance
with the PPMC or the reverse?

Second, FlexUnit has both a full wiki of documentation and courseware. I would like to donate
those too. How do we go about donating something like a book?

Third, I have refactored FlexUnit to have only transient dependencies on other projects which
are now optional, but it will mean the build and setup process is more complicated, so looking
for volunteers to work with me on this.

Fourth, for the Adobe folks, FlexUnit 4.x can run older FlexUnit tests by wrapping the older
version of FlexUnit (version .9) which is still Adobe's. Wondering if Adobe would donate that
older version to make things easier.

Mike

digital primates (r)

Michael Labriola