From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: [RT] Ideas on getting the entire test suite for the sdk to run in 10 minutes or less
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 20:12:12 GMT
>Given that mustella compiles swfs before running them, perhaps if we added a compile-time
/ post-compile-time step that replaced calls to trace() with a logging utility call, we could
do that instead?  We'd have >to re-write the bit that checks the flashlog.txt to use something
else, but that would also mean that people wouldn't have to make a mm.cfg file on their computers
anymore as well.  Even ErrorReportingEnable >could go away with the new global exception
handlers.

>Is possible to replace calls to trace() to that logging method with something like as3-commons-bytecode
or perhaps a tweak to mxmlc?  If it's a simpler fix, we could just change all the code to
call that method >directly.  Find and replace for the win?

That's the route I started going down too, however, there was some complication that I am
just barely recall. I think it had something to do with either trace or other statements buried
in the framework or unhandled errors. However, it didn't take long to find.

My approach was to replace everything with a logger and then inspect that output. Instead
of doing it a compile time though, I would just prefer to modify the tests. I was working
on making the test runner just spin up multiple flash players when you ran it.

Mike