From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:39:29 GMT
>> In my view, we still seem like a disparate group of individuals who
>> are most comfortable working alone or on small groups with great
>> amounts of autonomy. We are not a team yet & our Flex project isn't self-sustaining.
>> My evidence is this conversation debating the relative merits of our
>> options and the reasoning each commenter has given.

>I think the fact that 95 msgs have been posted to this thread shows commitment and an
effort to become a team. How else do you propose we come to decisions? Mentors won't be here
forever...

I think the conversation and relative merits is exactly what we should be doing. The only
thing I wish is that, like other areas of the project, we didn't have to wait on someone else.
If we could just demonstrate the advantages of Git instead of talking about them in the abstract,
I think we would have less issue. The problem here with Git is its different. And, unfortunately,
without an understanding of those advantages and how they might help us longer term it is
very difficult for anyone to agree that we should make that change now.

The discussion is golden. I think the real question is, once we make a decision can everyone
support it and move forward or does anyone take their toys and go home.

Mike