From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 19:24:17 GMT
>I only know two... I've used Perforce and Subversion for 20 years. For me, the most important
thing is ease of use, such as what visual tools it has and how it integrates with IDEs like
Eclipse. With Git, can you do >an Eclipse refactoring without worrying about which files
you need to check out? Do files have to be checked out at all before being edited? If so,
is there an Eclipse plugin to check them out? How do I see what >files I need to submit,
and what changes I've made? If this is all done on the command line, I have no interest in
returning to 1972.

Gordon,

Honestly, I understand where you are at but without knowing git perhaps you could refrain
from passing judgment on it?

Yes there are GUI tools, no, it's not at all like perforce. Yes, you can refactor much, much
better than either of the other ones you mentioned. Yes, there are plugins.

Mike