From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 19:22:27 GMT

>I am greatly concerned about disk space utilization if you have a snapshot of everything
including changes.  Has anyone synced up with Apache Flex Git since we stuffed it with Mustella
tests?  Will each >branch/fork/clone we make actually replicate all of that data?

Alex,

Due to the way git stores files it is actually infinitely smaller than SVN storage over the
long term, especially when one considers branches. If two files are the same, regardless if
there are 7000 branches, there is only a single copy of the file.

If you are interested, here is some info on the overhead of git as perceived from the linux
kernel project:

https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitBenchmarks#Repository_size_benchmarks

Mike