From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Getting To Git (was Re: [MENTORS] Current Branching Strategy Vote Results)
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 22:35:03 GMT
Hi,

> I would plan my changes so as not to break "develop" so I can just check it
> in and share it even though it isn't 100% complete.  If I can't do that I
> would create a branch and folks can get at that branch from SVN if they want
> to see what you are doing.

The issue with is is that you need to know in advance if your changes will break the build
in order to know to if you need to  create a branch or not branch. I guess there are ways
to do this ie work in develop, break it, create a patch, revert to develop, create new branch,
reapply the patch and then commit new branch but probably needs to be documented.

Thanks,
Justin