From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [Mentor] & [PPMC] FlexUnit
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:29:36 GMT

On Aug 22, 2012, at 12:15 PM, Michael A. Labriola wrote:

>>> IIRC, that is another Software Grant.
>
>> Not necessarily, either way there needs to be license and copyright review.
>
> Dave,
>
> Could you comment on what form this might take? The majority of this content was either
authored personally or by individuals working for the same company, which has a Corporate
CLA at this point and has the Copyright. So, what exactly would need to be done to vet something
like a book? I think that is where I always get confused is that the steps are clear but the
details of exactly what this review needs to produce as a deliverable are not as clear to
me.

INAL but here are some questions.

Are the works either (c) Michael Labriola or (c) Some Company w/a CCLA?

Assuming that all the copyright holders are OK then I believe that it is likely that they
may be checked in without a code grant under the AL2.

You should probably confirm this with legal-discuss@. When you do be very clear about current
copyright, license and company. You might want to look at the LEGAL JIRA issues and the mail
archives to see if a similar question has already been asked and answered.

Regards,
Dave