From Carol Frampton <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 13:23:33 GMT

On 8/31/12 5 :34AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <> wrote:

>On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Omar Gonzalez
><> wrote:
>> ...I think ideally users should be able to just
>> download the source and run 'ant' and it should build, provided
>> they've updated the paths they need to in
>Absolutely agree, if that's possible, and that implies that typing
>just "ant" should output some info about what needs to be setup where
>("make sure you have reviewed the settings in" or
>something like that).

The way the build.xml is set up you just need to define the environment
variables FLEX_HOME and AIR_HOME.  If it finds those in the environment it
uses them.
If not it uses FLEX_HOME from and AIR_HOME_WIN or
AIR_HOME_MAC, depending on OS, from

Alternatively you can specify properties on the ant command line like
	ant -DFLEX_HOME=/path/to/flex/sdk

View raw message