From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Cross-compiling Flex to HTML5/Javascript (Was : Update on Falcon donation)
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:05:08 GMT

On 8/29/12 6:30 AM, "Carlos Rovira" <carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

> One thing I never understood was Adobe not helping to open source
> Flash Player
My understanding is that one major factor is that key aspects of the player
depend on 3rd party works.

> or transforming it to help to be the industry standard.
IMO, an initial step in that was the Open Screen Project.  The problems with
Chrome show how hard allowing third parties to develop aspects of the player
are.  However, we could try to have Apache become an OSP partner.  Not sure
if that would work though.
> They they managed it is pushing the player to some uncertain future.
> Take a look to the recent problems with Chrome that make
> LocalConnection to break functionality.
>
> Sometimes I think why web technologies are such problematic and why we
> don't have today some robust ecosystem free of flame and company
> wars...
In some ways, that's what keeps us employed :-)

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team