From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Introduction and some quick questions
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 18:10:28 GMT

On 8/28/12 1 :09PM, "Edward J. Apostol" <ed@edapostol.com> wrote:

>Hey everyone -
>

>Just introducing myself, having joined the list a little over a week ago.
>developed Flex apps and taught Flex from 2007-2010 or so, and had followed
>the future of Flex marginally since it was announced of it being turned
>over
>to the ASF.
>

>I am doing a presentation for the local dev community here in Toronto
>tomorrow evening on what's new and / or happening with Apache Flex, and
>(when you have a moment) would appreciate your brief thoughts and comments
>on it. Seems like a lot of activity here, so I thought I would ask some
>salient questions:
>

>1)      Is there an expected date /time frame for the IDE packager to be
>released? (Although I will walk through the setup of the current Apache
>Flex
>install, most of the dev  audience will probably want something simpler)

In the meantime, if you have a FlashBuilder installation, you can use
either
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/sdk/trunk/ide/constructFlex
ForIDE.bat (or .sh) depending on your platform to build a packaged SDK
using an Apache Flex source or binary kit and the other pieces like Flash
Player, AIR, etc from the FlashBuilder installation sdks/4.6.0 directory.

>2)      Is there a difference between Apache Flex SDK and the SDK released
>with Flash Builder 4.7 Beta
>(https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs_flashbuilder4-
>7)
>- I assume that since the mailing lists are referring to Flex as 4.8 that
>it
>is further along than what Adobe has just packaged.

I assume yes since I don't think it is going to include Apache Flex.

Carol