From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Getting Mustella to work.
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:21:44 GMT

On 8/28/12 8:12 AM, "Carol Frampton" <cframpto@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 8/28/12 9 :32AM, "Peter Ent" <pent@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> I just ran tests/components/Application (without -createImages) and
>> received 274 (not 273!) passes. I will update the wiki this number.
>>
>> Personally, I find Mustella frustrating in that it gives me inconsistent
>> passes and fails. You would think that each time you run it it would give
>> you the same result. I don't know why it does not always do that and we
>> need to figure this out. Alex might know or at least be able to explain
>> the behavior.
>
> If you are on the same platform, most of the time it is because of timing
> diffs and poorly written or incorrectly written tests.  The test could be
> waiting on the wrong event so it proceeds before it really should.  Or
> rather than figuring out the right event to wait on it just has a pause
> (which is generally not a good thing to do) and it might not be long
> enough.

That would affect pass vs fail, but shouldn't affect the total tests run.

We also want to know what tests are failing (without using -createImages)
and why.  That way we can better identify whether folks are having
configuration issues, or there are bad tests, or there are platform
differences.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team