From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [LAZY] Apache Flex Installer (Badge) nomenclature, paths and related stuff
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:08:17 GMT

On 8/27/12 6 :33AM, "Erik de Bruin" <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Just wanted to put these here, FYI and to see if there are any
>blocking issues we've overlooked:
>
>The app:
>- the application is called "InstallApacheFlex"
>- we are going to be referring to the application as the "Apache Flex
>Installer"
>- the application source and binaries will live in
>"incubator/flex/installer/1.0/" (for source) and
>"incubator/flex/installer/1.0/binaries/" and use the
>"install-apache-flex-1.0-src" and "install-apache-flex-1.0-bin" file
>names, with appropriate extensions.

you MUST include incubating in the name so

install-apache-flex-1.0-incubating-src/bin

you should also include a README in incubator/flex/installer/1.0

I can't remember at the moment why it is this way but README isn't visible
hence you'll see I settled on READme

>The badge:
>- the application is called "InstallApacheFlexBadge"
>- we are going to be referring to the application as the "Apache Flex
>Installer Badge"
>- it will live in "content/flex/installerbadge/" on the project site
>- on the project site we'll change the reference in the left
>navigation column from "Download the IDE Packager" to "Download the
>Installer"
>- we'll embed the badge on the installer download page, and refer to
>the possibility for other sites to embed the badge using an iframe
>
>I've updated the staging site with the intended changes. Please have a
>look at (and ignore the error on the badge, that should resolve itself
>once we publish to the production site):
>
>http://flex.staging.apache.org/flex/installer.html

shouldn't "current release of the SDK from Apache.org" be "current release
of the SDK from apache.org"?

Carol