From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: github pull requests, ICLAs and voluntary contributions (was: Apache Flex in Github)
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 03:58:12 GMT
Can I get a ruling on two scenarios?  The first is in [1].

There are links to patch files on GitHub like this [2].  Is this a
"permanent" link?  Does it matter if it isn't?

Similarly, another contribution came in via the mailing list with a dropbox
URL like this: [3].

Is this insufficient because a file on dropbox can be removed so we would
lose a way to verify the contribution I checked in matches the contribution
offered?

I'm assuming the github urls are permanent and going to attempt to apply
those patches.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33177
[2] https://github.com/apache/flex/pull/8.patch
[3] https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8496144/test_itemRenderers.patch