From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: Getting To Git (was Re: [MENTORS] Current Branching Strategy Vote Results)
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 22:39:44 GMT

On 8/16/12 3:35 PM, "Justin Mclean" <> wrote:

> Hi,
>> I would plan my changes so as not to break "develop" so I can just check it
>> in and share it even though it isn't 100% complete.  If I can't do that I
>> would create a branch and folks can get at that branch from SVN if they want
>> to see what you are doing.
> The issue with is is that you need to know in advance if your changes will
> break the build in order to know to if you need to  create a branch or not
> branch. I guess there are ways to do this ie work in develop, break it, create
> a patch, revert to develop, create new branch, reapply the patch and then
> commit new branch but probably needs to be documented.
> Thanks,
> Justin
I guess you could do that, usually I know whether I'm working on something
big that needs a branch or not.  For normal bug fixes and small additions my
workflow would be to run mustella before checking in.  That's why I'm trying
to get all mustella tests passing.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.