From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Getting Mustella to work.
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 07:33:26 GMT

On 8/16/12 12:13 AM, "João Fernandes" <joaopedromartinsfernandes@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have just run the entire suite in my laptop (windows) and got

>     Passes: 12124
>     Fails: 2226
>
> now, how do you guys usually debug failing tests?
>
> João Fernandes
I use FDB.  In the output of the failures there should either be
1) a SWF that timed out, or 2) a test name that failed.

For (1) I go find the SWF and run it in FDB and see if I can figure out why
it got stuck.

For (2) I look at the failing test and find the SWF it is linked into and
launch that SWF in FDB>  I try to get a breakpoint on the failing step in
FDB.  Most steps have a "doStep()" method that is a good place to start.

There is a way to launch the FB debugger, but I don't know it OTOH since I
don't use it.

Using the mini_run.sh -failures option helps you get to the failing test
faster, but sometimes I comment out stuff so I don't have to skip past a lot
of breakpoints.

Remember, I'm working on validators, Peter is working on the apollo folder
and Carol is working on text-related components, so claim another folder and
cross your fingers.

HTH,
--
Alex Harui