From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Current Branching Strategy Vote Results
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:06:19 GMT
Life is funny.  Fate just handed me an example of the idiosyncracies of our
code base.  I took on trying to get the Mustella spark validator tests to
run.  After digging for a while, it turns out that the apache.swc that
Justin added to trunk broke the validator tests because he added a validator
resource bundle there and the linker uses the first bundle found and does
not aggregate them so all of the other spark validator resources are missing
causing the tests to fail.

The quick answer is to revert that change or move the resources to the
central bundle in framework.swc which is not very modular, but probably what
we'll have to do.  I'll wait a bit for Justin to give his opinion and make a
change, then move the resources myself if he doesn't.

But this drove home for me the need for a "develop" branch in options 1-3 or
7-9.  Yes, this would be caught if we had mustella running in CI, but there
are other things like this that might get past mustella.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team