From Carol Frampton <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Re: [VOTE] Branching Strategy and SCM
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 00:16:58 GMT

On 8/13/12 6 :20PM, "Carlos Rovira" <> wrote:

>Hi Carol,
>historically things change when people take the time and effort to make
>things happen. If we, in this apache flex project, wants GIT, mentors and
>the ASF will make it happen. Infra will get full git support before, if we
>are another grain of sand wanting that support.

I don't agree. Flex is a big project and not the right one to be the test
project for Git support.  I am not volunteering to help Infra with Git.
If we vote for Git who from this project is volunteering to help infra?
That should have been part of the vote for #9.

I would like to point out that we have on one our mentors who has already
voted for the simplest case - svn with development in trunk - so you will
not have all our mentors behind you advocating for Git.

View raw message