From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Re: [VOTE] Branching Strategy and SCM
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:29:59 GMT

On 8/13/12 3:24 PM, "Carlos Rovira" <carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

> 2012/8/14 Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net>
>
>> One thing I like about SVN is that it discourages branching to necessary
>> times while git encourages branching for a whim.
>>

> SVN discourages branching because is not a core part in the design of the
> system, while in Git is a core part.
>
> In SVN you try to not branch because you know the nightmare it could bring
> to your source code. In Git you will want to branch because it brings
> clarity and best practice to you development model...
What is that "clarity"?  Can you give me an example?  If I want to
contribute a set of Spark Charts, why should I have to cut a branch first?
Why can't I just check in ChartBase into the "develop" branch, then add in
Pie, Bar, etc over time in subsequent check ins as I finish them up?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team