From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 15:39:17 GMT

On 8/11/12 2 :30AM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

>Tomorrow I will try to commit something and if it works, we'll start a
>vote
>on Monday.

I assume/hope the VOTE would be at least 48 hours since I now have to drop
everything I was working on to go learn enough about Git to vote.

I would also like to paste from one of Bertrand's emails last week to
reiterate his warning message [1]:

Let me add one BIG WARNING as a mentor: branches might be much easier
to manage with Git, but if a move to Git is a way to avoid agreeing on
how branches are managed, that won't help IMO. I would recommend
sorting that problem (which is a community problem, not a technical
one) in svn first before considering a move.

As far as I can figure there has been no agreement on branching strategy.

Carol

[1] http://markmail.org/message/pv6rfhec2hnefggo