From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 19:51:03 GMT

On 8/10/12 2 :55PM, "Omar Gonzalez" <omarg.developer@gmail.com> wrote:

>>  I'm guessing we are one of the larger
>> projects at Apache in terms of code size
>

>This is precisely why I think we should strongly consider moving to Git.
>
>I understand the apprehension some may have with learn "Yet Another SCM
>Control", but really? How many other SCM systems have you used besides SVN
>and maybe CVS? I'm sure its not all that many.

I can think of at least 4 that I've used extensively but I think it might
be 5.  I'm sure I can figure a new one out.

I'm just tired of spending time arguing about this kind of stuff.  In the
meantime very few people have made any contributions so maybe we are way
over-engineering what is actually needed.  And unlike Gordon, I don't want
my access to source control to be thru FlashBuilder.

Carol