From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: SVN and issues with branching / consider how we use SVN going forward
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 06:38:51 GMT

On 8/8/12 4:15 PM, "Dave Fisher" <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> The community should be perfectly capable of deciding when trunk should be
> made stable for an upcoming release and stop making ill considered changes.

I would love for that to be true, but historically it hasn't.  We've taken
several community patches that seemed good when reviewed but then caused
problems at crunch time.  I believe that will be solved with better test
development over time, but I don't think we're there now.

> Tag releases and turn those into branches if you need to have something ready
> to release a dot version on.
Have you seen any good discussions on why some other projects have
apparently chosen to keep trunk "ready-to-ship"?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team