From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Testing strategy (was: How to Merge Unstable Branch (was: [POLL] Use Unstable Branch))
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 05:10:15 GMT

On 8/8/12 10:00 PM, "Gordon Smith" <gosmith@adobe.com> wrote:

> Why all the focus on branching strategies? It makes more sense to focus on a
> testing strategy. We need an 'ant tests' and a requirement that it pass for
> all changes to trunk.
>
> Didn't the mustella tests get submitted? What more do we need other than an
> easy way to run them?

Because I don't have faith that Mustella catches everything, and I'd rather
merge stuff we feel good about rather than try to remove stuff we don't feel
good about when were trying to get a release out.

You know as well as I do what the bug curve looked like for most things
after they landed.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team