From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: SVN and issues with branching / consider how we use SVN going forward
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:25:50 GMT

On 8/8/12 12:33 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Justin Mclean <>
> wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>>> Let's use the unstable branch until we prove we don't need it.
>> You want to work that way go ahead I will not be using it.
> This is a typical case were consensus is hard to reach - I suggest
> exposing both options as concisely as possible and starting a new
> [POLL] thread where other committers can express their preferences.
> -Bertrand
OK, I will start a POLL.  But what good will it do if others refuse to abide
by it?  I can't veto his commit on technical basis, he just has a different
approach he wants to use.  Basically those who don't want to use an interim
branch can simply make it not work for everyone else.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message