From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: SVN and issues with branching / consider how we use SVN going forward
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:25:50 GMT

On 8/8/12 12:33 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
> wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>>> Let's use the unstable branch until we prove we don't need it.
>
>> You want to work that way go ahead I will not be using it.
>
> This is a typical case were consensus is hard to reach - I suggest
> exposing both options as concisely as possible and starting a new
> [POLL] thread where other committers can express their preferences.
>
> -Bertrand
OK, I will start a POLL.  But what good will it do if others refuse to abide
by it?  I can't veto his commit on technical basis, he just has a different
approach he wants to use.  Basically those who don't want to use an interim
branch can simply make it not work for everyone else.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team