From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject [MENTOR] Source code layout for committers
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 18:22:45 GMT
Hi Mentors,

As you may recall, many of our users use existing tools like Adobe Flash Builder to write
code.  Flash Builder expects a particular directory layout in order to identify a Flex SDK.
 Because that layout contains some Adobe-owned code, the Apache Flex source release uses a
different layout and we’ve provided utilities to take the Apache Flex layout and copy in
Adobe-owned assets in order to create an Apache Flex SDK that can be used by Flash Builder.

While that’s fine for the vast majority of users that are just consumers of the SDK, my
question is about the committers and other folks who want to make changes to the SDK.  Is
there any Apache policy that requires committers to have “clean” source code layouts such
that no non-compatible licensed files are mixed into the source tree?  Or do folks just have
to be careful that they don’t accidentally modify or check in something they shouldn’t?

Thanks,

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team