From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [ROADMAP] Apache Flex Steering Survey - Revised component status
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 16:09:33 GMT

On 8/3/12 8:51 AM, "Keith Sutton" <keith@spoon.as> wrote:

> Based on Alex's email this is a revise component list to go into survey
> (PLEASE identify anything missing or in wrong place):
>
> Available in 4.8
>     4.6 automation libraries
>     4.6 fabridge
>     4.6 flash-integration
>     4.6 samples
>     Flex MXML compiler source code
>
> Yet to be donated
>     ? 4.6 missing embedded font support
Probably won't be donated, but in theory the one part we need (CFF
Embedding) is not too hard for us to re-write in Apache.
>     4.6 ViewStack (listed in Flex White Paper - protoype)
>     4.6 Accordion (listed in Flex White Paper but does not exist)
>     4.6 DateField (listed in Flex White Paper - protoype)
>     4.6 DataChooser (listed in Flex White Paper - protoype)
>     4.6 Enhanced DataGrid (listed in Flex White Paper - protoype)
These just got signed off yesterday.

>     BlazeDS/BlazeDS.NET
>     3.x Flex SDK
>     TLF
All are in progress, TLF will probably be next.

>     Squiggly
>     OSMF
>     Gravity
Won't happen unless we hear lots of people want it.

>     FXG - will this continue to be supported beyond CS6?
Support is in the compiler, but there is no guarantee that Adobe apps will
continue to export it.

>     Falcon (2012 Q4)
In legal audit now.

--