From Jeff Conrad <jeff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A simple way to resolve GBM nowadays
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:55:43 GMT
On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Carlos Rovira
<carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com> wrote:
> Another proposal the get GBM on board using github. This proposal is due to
> the fact that official apache git repo is unusable due to no one (even PPMC
> members) to write on it:

I just saw your answer in the previous thread, but I'll put this
response here for clarity.

Right now, not only is the current git repo on apache a read-only
mirror, but when we rearranged the svn, it threw the git mirror for a
loop and it hasn't been updating since.

We have to put the request in to Infra to switch to Git as the
default, at which point git-wip-us.apache.org/incubating-flex-* will
be writable and mirrored on GitHub.

AFAIK There will still be a delay until someone writes a good
post-receive-hook script that runs on the
git-wip-us.apache.org/incubating-flex-* repository to update GitHub as
soon a changes are received.

Jeff